Friday, January 11, 2008

M-i-r-a-c-l-e

A Miracle! Truly astonishing! Unbelievable and amazing!

My 512MB thumb drive survived a storm!

The story started from the time when i forgot to take this thumb drive out from my pocket at 9th Jan 2008. My mom was trying to wash the pants with the thumb drive in it while she did not realize. She shove it in the washing machine and the storm begins. It went like "Keep rolling, rolling, rolling!", until it came out.

Remember the last battle scene in "Pirates of Carribean 3: The Ends of the World"? The part where there was this huge whirlpool created by this meaningless sea goddess and the pirates of Jack Sparrow fought Davy Jones's crew in it. Yes, i guess the thumb drive pretty much braved the same storm, the same whirlpool as the one in the movie.

"I'm old but still as strong as a bull!" said the 512MB thumb drive after.

After the washing, she picked up the thumb drive and gave it to me. I was sure it will not work, but my mom insisted me to test it out right away. So i did.

It worked...
It survived the storm...
No files were corrupted in it...
Miracle...
How unlucky...
I thought i could change for a new thumb drive...
2008 sux...

But in a way, i was pretty lucky since the files inside still remains and thus i don't have to buy another one to replace it. Anyway, the start of 2008 was really sucky. I had pretty bad luck since day 1 of 2008 so i guess i shall be more careful in the near future.

No comments: